- Compare casinos and casino bonuses
- Up to $10,000 deposit return guaranteed
- Exclusive promotions and competitions
Mobile Casinos for iPhone and Android – Everything You Need To Know
I was heading out to see an old friend. He lives about 150 miles away now, having settled down after he got married. I know, I know – that’s how it goes, once they find that one girl, things are never the same again. I always tease him about the ball and chain, and how we don’t hang out as much these days. But it is still good to catch up (when his wife says it’s OK). Usually, I hate travelling by train. I find it hard to think of anything more boring. I get too restless, and even the 2 hour journey time is too much for me to bear.
This time I decided to check out a couple of my favourite online casinos, on my phone, hooking up to the free WiFi on the train – that’s what free WiFi was made for, right? I was doing pretty well too, was up a few hundred on the trip so I managed to cover the cost of the ticket while I would otherwise be sitting going crazy, waiting for the journey to end. Then it hit me…only a few years ago, this would have been impossible. Mobile casinos have come a long way since those early days.
Back when they first appeared, I remember laughing at how bad it was to play on mobile. The graphics were terrible and virtually non-existent, and the software kept crashing all the time. I’m not sure if that was the fault of early smartphones, or whether the software was just terrible. But nowadays, it’s a totally different experience.
Nowadays, there’s no problem with choosing a good smartphone, and a good mobile casino to match. Now I’m no Naomi Campbell and I’m not in the habit of throwing my phone around – but back in the early days, well, trying to play at mobile casinos was much more difficult. In the last couple of weeks, I’ve got my hands on a new Samsung S7 Edge, with a clear picture and amazing graphics. Mobile casino games come to life in such clarity and detail – it’s not even funny, compared to mobile casinos of old.
It’s like the future has arrived. And it’s packed full of amazing mobile casinos that can keep your mind occupied at times like this. I was so thankful on that trip to have been able to have a cheeky gamble. Otherwise I’d be reduced to staring out the window at the scenery whizzing past. Good enough for a few minutes, but pretty boring after a while.
Now don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy online casinos when I’m at home with a bottle of Scotch and some premium cigars. For me, there’s something about playing on the full-sized screen that makes it a bit special. But for convenience, you really can’t beat playing at modern mobile casinos, and I do find myself having a quick gamble here or there when the opportunity presents.
It’s amazing what you can do with your smartphone now. I can check my emails, check out social media, read the news, and of course, login to dozens of high quality mobile casinos. For the most part, the gaming experience on mobile is now as good (and sometimes better) than what you get from playing online.
My Experience with Mobile Casinos
I’ve been playing mobile casinos since they first came about. I could tell you about how they used to play, but I’m guessing you’re more interested in what they are like today. Nowadays, you can pretty much enjoy the same quality of experience on mobile as you can online. That extends to live dealer casinos as well – especially with the high resolution on my Samsung S7 Edge, these games are as close as you can get to actually visiting a casino, without leaving the comforts of home.
I prefer to download casino apps and play that way. I just find it easier to go straight there via an app, rather than typing into my address bar or whatever. But if you’re still trying out lots of different sites to find the right mobile casino for you, or if you’re unfortunate enough to be playing on an Apple device (can you tell I’m not a fan?), then you can still play in browser. In truth, it’s all much of a muchness, and in my experience it doesn’t affect whether you win or lose, so anything else is just detail.
I remember my best win from a mobile slot. It was a couple of years ago now, but I was playing Siberian Storm. I can’t remember to the penny, but it was something like £12,000. I think I was betting heavily on each spin, but I didn’t expect to win anything like this much. Thankfully I was playing on the sofa on my mobile – if I’d been out and about, I’m sure my celebration would have got some funny looks.
Mobile Casinos on Android
With my Samsung, I primarily play on mobile casinos designed for Android. Obviously you knew that, because unless you have been hiding under a rock for the last 15 years, you’ll know that Samsung isn’t Apple. In fact, up to 80% of smartphones in circulation run Android OS, so it’s not a surprise if you find yourself in the same boat as me.
In 2010 Android OS was terrible. Like, I mean, really bad. It was flabby, slow, ugly – if it was a girl, I wouldn’t be asking her out. But if you compare today’s Android OS with Apple’s iOS (don’t even get me started on Windows mobile…), I can say Android has beaten iOS hands-down. You might agree or not agree, that’s up to you – it’s my personal opinion, the opinion of a person who spent time trying out both systems and drew firm conclusions.
The mobile casino ecosystem for Android is perfect, because not only can I play in the browser, but I can also download casino apps for Android, for an experience more tailored to my device. There are many more casino apps available for download through Android, not just from the Play Market, but from the casinos themselves – you’ll find these things all over the place. So you don’t have to play in your browser if you don’t want to. Just get your hands on an app for the casino of your choice, and away you go.
The gameplay available through Android casinos is as good as online versions, and to an equal standard of the gameplay available on iPhones and iPads. The difference goes to the root of all evil…Apple. Now before I start ranting to you about why Apple sucks, I think I need to take a deep breath and calm myself…otherwise we will be here all night.
Mobile Casinos on iPhone
The thing that bugs me about Apple is that it is a dictatorship. Now, before you start flaming me, I understand you might be an Apple fanboy (or girl). That’s cool, whatever floats your boat. But for mobile casinos, it’s really not ideal, and anyway doesn’t this abuse of customer rights rub you up the wrong way? Maybe it’s just me…
Android is loyal to casinos, and allows them to provide an optimised gambling experience in the way they intended. Apple won’t even give an inch, so that means you will find much fewer apps in the App Store.
This means that if you’re playing on an iOS device, you’re probably going to be playing in your browser. That’s not really the end of the world, and you can still enjoy a comparable gaming experience. It’s just I don’t like being told how I can and cannot use my device by the manufacturer. Maybe you don’t share this frustration, but it makes me rage…maybe if I had an iPhone, I would be like Naomi Campbell and throw my phone around. But for the time being, Android is still better.
But you might already be stuck with your iPhone. Some of you, I assume, will even think it’s a good phone. It’s OK, you’re not alone. The good news for you is that you can still get your hands on the full range of all your favourite casino games, with mobile casinos playing in browser in pretty much the same way as they do online.
That means you just login to your account and get playing – it’s almost as if you can forget you’re on a mobile device. Often I do forget, and then I start getting calls at the worst time, when I’m just about to cash out. Why do they always pick the worst time to phone?
Mobile Gambling Statistics
Mobile gambling is becoming big news now. I remember when mobile first came on to the scene – some people were saying it was the future, others were simply not convinced. Now looking back, I can’t believe anyone didn’t see the potential, particularly for gambling – it’s just so much more convenient.
In October 2016, mobile Internet usage overtook desktop. From 100% desktop traffic in 2009, the split now stands at 48.7% for desktop, compared to 51.3% for mobile devices. And if you look at the trajectory, that won’t be slowing down any time soon.
Apple is the number one device of choice, even if Android is the leading platform. This bugs me, as you probably already know, because I don’t like to see consumers getting a bum deal. But the stats speak for themselves. Some 34.8% of all smartphones are iPhones, with Samsung owners (like me) accounting for 23.3%. Over 3 billion smartphone devices are now used monthly, according to stats from July 2016, and it’s probably increasing all the time.
Revenue from games apps has shot up to $58.1 billion, and now accounts for 72% of the total revenue generated from all apps. Period. Mobile casino apps are a huge part of that too, so this is definitely a fast growing area for the industry.
As of 2014, 20% of mobile users were already using apps to access gambling on their smartphone. That’s rising all the time. By 2019, it’s estimated there will be another 100 million gamblers using their phones to bet on all sorts of games. By 2018, industry experts think there will be $100 billion per year in bets placed over mobile devices.
So if you don’t already have a mobile casino set up on your phone, you should probably think about starting. It’s the future, and you don’t want to be left on the wrong side of history.
Why Everyone Should Have A Mobile Casino On Their Smartphone…
1. It is handy for paying your train ticket. I know from experience – I set myself challenges to see if I can cover my transport costs during the journey. I don’t always make up, but it’s pretty satisfying to land several hundred on roulette or a decent slots win so you arrive richer than when you left. Neat.
2. It stops you getting bored at work. Picture the scene – you’re in a boring meeting a work. You can either sit their and look interested, or whip out your phone under the desk and try and win a progressive so you can tell the boss to go and stick it. Man, I’m so glad I don’t work in an office.
3. Casino in your pocket. What’s not to like? It doesn’t get more convenient than this…I’m not sure what more you want.
4. Let your friends know you are cool. No Candy Crush or other stupid games. You play REAL games, for REAL money. That’s sure to boost your street cred.
5. Play a huge range of games. You don’t have to just stick to one game – with a mobile casino on your phone, you can play roulette one minute, slots the next, blackjack the next. Who needs a trip to Las Vegas when you’ve got it all on your smartphone.
6. Easier than playing online. Are you still firing up your desktop PC and sitting around until everything loads up? Life is too short! It’s far easier to just whip out your phone, tap the app and get playing.
7. Push your phone to the limit. Want to see how good your phone really is? Check out the graphics and the quality of different casino games on your phone, and give your flabby device a workout.
8. Take advantage of mobile bonuses. Some mobile casinos have bonuses specifically for mobile players. You can’t take advantage of that on your desktop. This is good if you’re a serial bonus hunter too, giving you more options for no deposit bonuses, welcome bonuses, etc.
9. Brush up on your hustle. Practice makes perfect. Mobile is great for practice play, especially if you play in any live games. Then you can use your newly honed skills to take your opponents to the cleaners.
10. Why else did you get a smartphone anyway? Surely not just to make calls and send texts. Enjoy it, that’s why more people now use smartphones than desktops for playing online.
How To Setup Your Mobile Casino
So you’re convinced you will be cooler, smarter, richer and probably better looking with a mobile casino on your phone. Hell, just look at me. But how do you set up your mobile casino? Here are a few tips in case you’re struggling.
1. Throw away your iPhone and get a Samsung. Toss that piece of junk in the trash and get yourself a real phone. Only kidding, this one is optional….
2. Open your browser and come back here. Before you pick any old mobile casino, you want to come back here and have a read through our best mobile casinos. I’ve already done the trial and error, so you can save yourself the bother.
3. To Install or Not To Install. If you are sensible and you have an Android phone, you can choose to download and install a casino app on your phone, which is usually my preference. If you’re still on an iPhone, you might not have the choice…you can thank Apple for that one.
4. Decide on a casino that is best for you. Bonuses help, but you need to get the inside scoop before making your decision. That’s where my top 10 list (below) comes in…don’t say I’m not good to you.
5. Set up your account and get started. What are you waiting for, an invitation? Get your account setup, make your deposit and get playing now.
The Best Mobile Slots for UK, Australia and Canada
Now as you can probably tell, I’m partial to playing a slot or two, particularly on mobile. I find this is one of the easiest ways to play when you’re on the go, and it’s a great way to win some money back when luck is on your side.
You can of course play roulette, blackjack, poker and pretty much anything else you want to play on your mobile. But I far prefer slots, and I’ve seen more than a dozen decent slots wins in my time, spinning on my phone when I probably should have been paying attention to something else.
Now I know most of you are from the UK, Australia and Canada. Even if you are not, this list still represents some of the best slots games I have played online, including those where I have seen the most success. You don’t have to play these, it’s up to you. But I’d definitely recommend it if you want to spin and win on mobile.
Zeus III: 192 ways to win, with unique reel layout. Plenty to be won here as well. If you’re familiar with other slots, Zeus III will blow your mind. The original Zeus and Zeus II slots is still worth a play as well, but they are a bit dated now.
Guns N Roses: Who doesn’t love Guns N Roses? The slots game named after them is a great way to pass the time, but I most like rocking out to the Guns N Roses soundtrack, especially when I’m winning. Or you could say, when I’m ‘Back in Black’.
Starburst: If you like those games like Candy Crush, Bejewelled and other similar block busting games, this one will keep you hooked for hours. I’ve played Starburst a lot on mobile, and it remains one of my favourites. The only problem is I can get lost in the game for so long, and usually feel pretty agitated if I don’t get my own way.
Game of Thrones: I am addicted to Game of Thrones. I used to think I probably wouldn’t like it, then I started watching in. Sold. Naturally then, I’m a bit biased when I suggest to you Game of Thrones for your mobile slot play. But the game has some really unique twists, and you get to choose which House you represent when you trigger the bonus rounds. Neat, right? Oh, and there’s also pretty decent payouts on offer here as well.
Siberian Storm: The roar of the Siberian tiger, this is a real man’s slot. It will devour your money like a hungry tiger chomping through a gazelle, it’s so high variance. But, when it pays, it really pays, and you can end up with some really big wins if you’ve got the balls. Definitely worth checking this one out if you haven’t already.